Friday, October 17, 2008

Where the hell have you been?

I’ve been too long away from the blog. Its that time of year though. Things get so busy during the summer. All the sudden you can be out boating till 10:00 pm , you stay out all weekend instead of coming home in the dark rainy nights. Some people live like that I reckon, but in the North West, we take out long days when we can get them and when we get them, not much else goes on. Eating, grooming, sleeping, stop really mattering when you can paddle after a full day at work. Life becomes a bleary eyed blur, work, traffic, paddle, dark, drive though, sleep. It's freaking great!

Miraculously, however, the rain has begun to fall again, though a bit slower and not in the quantity that would be nice… but all things to those who wait. I am patient. So long as it comes.

In the meantime, let me recap:

The Cispus at 1000cfs is AWESOME
The Box Canyon of the Ashlu, when Byran calls it “high” if wicked cool and I can’t wait to get back.
The Fear Canyon on the Elaho is also really cool but DAMN does big water scare me.
I didn’t spend nearly enough time at Spencer’s this year AND
Low Water Ohanepecosh is fun but can be very scary in the right company!

Check out a few of my favorite shots from the Summer and Early fall and keep looking for more posts when the rains come for true.

EJ

BC_20080906_03

BC_20080906_09

Spencers_20080807_06

Ohanepecosh_20080809_09

GC_Elwha_20080726_01

White_Salmon_071208_135

WenatcheeRiverFest_08_061408_005

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful pictures. Looks like a great time!